cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Custom profile page

Hi all!

I recently had to make a custom profile page for some requirements for my project, at first it worked well without any problems.
After a couple of logins the CSS for the profile web page seems to have partially broken.
It looks like this now: profile page.png

Whilist all other pages look normal with the default portal CSS.

Checking the console tells me that it fails to load bootstrap.min.css.map file from my portal when the language is lv-LV.
network activity.png
Any ideas on how to fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
Super User II
Super User II

Hi

the changes you've made were they via JS/CSS ? or were they in the CDS form? 

if they were JS/CSS can you revert and check the changes you've made?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @KD203,

I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a product bug, as this same error as appearing for another user and he's having to manually add the CSS file to his template: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/CSS-files-access/m-p/710605#M4193

Helper II
Helper II

Hi @OliverRodrigues ,

I didn't change or add any new JS or CSS for now, but i'm sure ill have to do it in the future.
However i did change some Entity form values, such as enabling entity permissions and the web page has a custom custom web template.

@justinburch,

I checked out the other post that you linked, and i added the stylesheet link manually to my web template, and it seems to work a little bit better, but the nav bar is still black and the whole web page has a like a 10 px margin on all sides.

Later on today ill try remaking the page with a different template and see if that was the issue or not.

Helper II
Helper II

OK, so remaking the web page fixed the issue.

But i couldn't reproduce the previous issue consistently at all, it seems to break at random places whenever you're changing something about the custom profile page, be it the name of it, partial url, or the HTML code thats inside of it.

Can you share your code changes and where you placed them? I can try to replicate here your issue

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi, @OliverRodrigues 

For the webpage HTML, i just changed how the bootstrap layout is set up (two columns in a row with left most column being col-md-4 right one is col-md-8) and added liquid for user full name.

For the webpage metadata, like i said i just changed the name of it and the partial url of it. At some point i thought i could make it break if i change the profile web link set, but that didn't break it for me atleast. And i didn't change anything in the custom CSS or custom JS.

Hi, I think the issue is in the metadata changes.

Basically the Profile Web Page is a protected page from the Portals and is probably referenced several places in the source code.. by changing the Partial URL it is probably breaking something.

Changing the name should be okay, title is also fine, but probably not partial url.. can you try reverting to the original?

Also, is there any reason to call the username via Liquid? The Profile page renders an existing CDS form for the Contact, you can make changes to that form if you want different fields.

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Users online (25,941)