cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smoupre
MVP

Custom table and Customer Service Portal

Hopefully this is something simple. I created a Power Apps portal using the Dynamics 365 Customer Portal template. I then created a custom table in the dataverse. However, when I go to Lists and add a list, the custom table does not show up in the list of available tables. So, I looked at the Solutions in make.powerapps.com and the solution shows up as a Managed solution so I can't add tables to it there.

So, the question is, how do I get my custom table to show up and be available for the Power Apps portal? Did I do something wrong in deployment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

that seems weird

might be a silly question, but are you sure your portal and custom tables are in the same environment? 

via Portal Management, if you go on Advanced Find can you see the custom tables from there? 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

hi @smoupre did you publish after creating the custom table?

there is no need to add the custom table to the Portals solutions

navigate to solutions and click Publish all customizations and I believe this will solve your issue 

OliverRodrigues_0-1642688915129.png

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Oliver Rodrigues

smoupre
MVP

@OliverRodrigues Thanks Oliver. OK, I tried that, still not seeing the table in Dynamics 365 Portals Management. Now that I am looking closer, I actually don't see any of the custom tables at all (there are about 30 of them). All I see are Standard and Managed tables.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

that seems weird

might be a silly question, but are you sure your portal and custom tables are in the same environment? 

via Portal Management, if you go on Advanced Find can you see the custom tables from there? 

Oliver Rodrigues

smoupre
MVP

@OliverRodrigues Not a silly question, I was starting to think the same thing myself! Going to do some additional checking! Apologies, not familiar with where to find Advanced Find.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

from the management app, click on the "funnel" on the top right:

OliverRodrigues_0-1642690654493.png

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues OK, rookie mistake, of course the portal was in a different environment. Always check and don't trust when people tell you where things are! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Users online (3,525)