Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyparson
Microsoft
Microsoft

Dependent picklists on Portal Forms

Hi Community,

I am hoping someone has updated information on this issue im facing -

I have a "Custom" Portal for my D365 environment and a page with a form that creates tickets. I am trying to figure out the best way to add dependent picklists/optionsets. I have a Category > SubCategory > CaseType optionsets which are all dependent on each other and display different items depending on the parent value.

For Example: Categories would be like Cats or Dogs then SubCategory would display different Cat Breeds or Dog Breeds based on the Category selection. 

Is there any easy way to approach this? 

I know business rules won't work for the Portal page and I may be looking at some type of JS solution. I've also seen this possible solution, but it looks like the code is outdate and wouldn't work -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/dynamicscrm-2016/developers-guide/gg594433(v=crm.... 

I wish this was just included as a feature >.>

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, I think the link above is more for the Model-Driven App than Portals

Please see if this thread helps with your need: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Show-Hide-fields-based-on-the-selection-of-a-...

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

As per @OliverRodrigues the link code is for Model Driven Apps - you can kind of do some thing similar and use JQuery to remove items from the option set etc  - but usually I end up doing related Lookups, with a bit of extra JQuery to clear the child lookups etc when a parent changes. and to disable a child lookup if the parent isn't populated (the down side of the lookups is that they are lookups, and the related entity filtering doesn't work when you tell it to render as a a dropdown) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,544)