Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sserrano13
Helper I
Helper I

Difference between user with email confirmed and user with not confirmed email

Morning all,

Does anyone know what the difference is between a user who has confirmed his email and a user who has not confirmed his email?

In my portal I have users who have confirmed their email and others who have not. I understand that there is no difference, only that those who have the confirmed email know that it is valid.

Is my statement correct?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

I think there is an additional box that shows up in the Profile page.. asking the user to confirm the e-mail.

But in general, no there is no difference in terms of functionality, the idea is that you can use that for whatever your business requirement is. Perhaps you don't want to send e-mail until that's confirmed, or assign a specific Web Role once it's confirmed, etc. It's open to you.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

I think there is an additional box that shows up in the Profile page.. asking the user to confirm the e-mail.

But in general, no there is no difference in terms of functionality, the idea is that you can use that for whatever your business requirement is. Perhaps you don't want to send e-mail until that's confirmed, or assign a specific Web Role once it's confirmed, etc. It's open to you.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Yes, I've seen the box in the Profile page. 

Thanks a lot for your response 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,603)