Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmployeeOcta
Helper II
Helper II

Difference of form style when view details and new register

Hello All,

I have a register form which is derived from entity form.

Entity form has one TAB and One section with one column  formatting.

Now in a same way i have designed other forms for viewing existing registration and editing existing registration.

But when i am opening these forms only Register form is showing as below .

label  text box            meaning label and control side by side

but other forms showing as below

label

text box

meaning label and control one above the other.

i am not sure how to overcome this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

On the Portal several out of the box pages such as Sigin and Register are Label followed by  <value> on the same line

All others are Value underneath the Label - it is technically possibly to alter this with the CSS (but not recommended - as the fluid layout works better with Value underneath Label) I believe bootstraps default is Value underneath Label.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, is this a Portals question or more a Model-Driven App question?

it looks to me it's more a Model-Driven App, to change this you might have to navigate to the classic editor.

So in your CDS solution, navigate to your entity/form, and click on Switch to Classic:

OliverRodrigues_0-1604233756112.png

now double click on your section, and navigate to formatting, at the bottom you will find an option for field Label Position:

OliverRodrigues_1-1604233853760.png

note that sometimes the classic editor takes a bit longer to load, but I believe that's more to encourage people to start using the new editor

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Hello All, I have check that option but in my case the controls are not highlighted , meaning i need to pre highlight the controls border.

i am not sure about how to highlight that?

Hi, I am a bit confused here.

the highlights from my previous snapshot I did it on the snapshot, that's not on my CDS.

can you share a snapshot on your configuration?

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

The highlights meaning from my side is to actually make border solid by some pixel.

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

On the Portal several out of the box pages such as Sigin and Register are Label followed by  <value> on the same line

All others are Value underneath the Label - it is technically possibly to alter this with the CSS (but not recommended - as the fluid layout works better with Value underneath Label) I believe bootstraps default is Value underneath Label.

View solution in original post

I think this point is correct.

is there any easy way we could use custom css for different controls on the form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,588)