cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Displaying the account name from contact entity

Hello everyone! I am having trouble with displaying the  "Account" name from a Contact record on a Portal page. I've tried this a couple ways, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why I can't display the account name like i want to.

The reason I want to pull the Account Name, is I would like to filter/redirect based on the account. I have several PowerBI Reports that are in different workspaces based on client. I want to be able to say " If Account = "parentcustomerid, then display this PowerBI report"

But - I can't get the Account Name (parentcustomerid) to even display!

I've placed the following in a webpage, trying to just display the information. I've selected a couple fields from the Contact Entity to at least prove I am in the right area.

rgilreath_2-1595258420157.png

I've made sure that I have a contact with the Account filled in:

rgilreath_1-1595258389894.png

But, when I render the page - this is what I get:

rgilreath_0-1595258329512.png

It pulls the other information correctly (email, phone, etc), but I cannot get it to show the Company Name.

I've added an entity record to then profile page as well - which shows that the Account Name is filled in on the Profile (free text, but still) as well as the user has access to the Account in question and can View the record:

rgilreath_3-1595258656645.png

I've created an Entity Permission, which allows the Web Role to Read/Write to the Contact and Account entities

I am not sure where I am going wrong in displaying this information. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Displaying the account name from contact entity

Hi @rgilreath,

Explaining a bit answer from @hardikv - parentcustomerid is a lookup value which is returned in the liquid as Entity Reference object (find more in docs here). This object contains 3 properties - Id, Name and logical_name of the entity. That's why when you tried to just use parentcustomerid you see nothing as it is a complex object and cannot be just printed on the page.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @rgilreath

Please try below code

ParentAccountId: {{user.parentcustomerid.id}}
ParentAccountName: {{user.parentcustomerid.name}}

If this helps you, mark as a solution! 

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @rgilreath,

Explaining a bit answer from @hardikv - parentcustomerid is a lookup value which is returned in the liquid as Entity Reference object (find more in docs here). This object contains 3 properties - Id, Name and logical_name of the entity. That's why when you tried to just use parentcustomerid you see nothing as it is a complex object and cannot be just printed on the page.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @OOlashyn - that is exactly what I was missing from reading through the documents.

I appreciate your help and feedback!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,475)