Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dynamically build steps for web forms from collection of records

Any pointers, documentation, advise or acheiving the following:-

Web Form 

Step 1 Summary of an interview location, (entity form calling data displays fine)

Step 2- end of form load a record for the interview question, 1 for each record associated with the interview

Is this possible rather to define all the steps, i don't want to generate the steps from tabs in the entity form, but rather a step per associated records.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Re: Dynamically build steps for web forms from collection of records

Hi @sbonera,

You will likely want to leverage the new Web API for this and build in dynamic question retrieval and post. Trying to manipulate web form steps is extremely complicated, especially when dealing with the sessions - even using the back button of a browser can throw things off drastically.

If Web Forms are a must, possibly you can use server-side code to fill the GUID in a text field to a "next question" and use Condition steps to check if that field has a value, and if so redirect based on it.

I hope this helps,

Justin

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Dynamically build steps for web forms from collection of records

Thank you for the information, just got back from annual leave,  I will take a look at the new web API.  I had already fetched the data using fetch xml and displayed it etc and that works well, so will dive into my ajax and javascript calls 😀to get the data back to the CDS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,210)