cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newmay
Helper V
Helper V

Dynamics Portal open lookup with click on the input field (not the lookup icon)

Hi,

we want to open the lookup (account lookup) when the user clicks on the Account Lookup field instead of the icon.

It is a lookup field on a form within dynamics portal.

newmay_0-1650446626238.png

Thanks for suggestions/help!

3 REPLIES 3
UlrikkeAkerbæk
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @newmay 

You can probably do this with a script if it's a hard requirement.

But with out-of-the-box configuration you can turn the lookup field into a drop-down. Would that solve it for you? 

Hi,

yes I am aware of the entity form metadata function, yet there are too many accounts so it is not an option.

I need to write javacript in order to achieve this I think, but I dont know how to achieve it

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Someone probably has a better way, but you could just hide the Icon/button with JS/CSS by setting the 'visibility' and then add an event listener on click or focus etc on the input that fires an on click event on the icon/button.

//Note: if you only have one Lookup on the form then you can fire the button using 

$('.launchentitylookup').click()

// but if you have more than one Lookup on the form you will have to find the button node by starting with a unique id associted with the field and then locating the button to .click()

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,818)