Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamics Portal vs PowerApps Portal: Licensing for external Users

Hi,

we are using:

• Dynamics for Sales (~40 Enterprise Licenses)
  • Dynamics for Finance and Operations (20 Full Licenses)
  • Dynamics for Customer Service/Field Service (~25 Customer Engagement Licenses)
  • and additionaly about ~40 Team Member Licenses.
  • + Office 365 + Windows + ...

So we pay a lot of money each month - (as there seems to be no discount at all for our size of company)

We want to provision a portal where customers can log in and create support tickets, read software documentation, search the knowledge base etc.

We created a PowerApps Portal as it seems this is the "new & fancy" portal in comparison to the Dynamics Portal and also developed quite some things for the PowerApps Portal.

I kinda remember that Dynamics Portal were about to be deprecated? Not sure though.

1. What is the price now for us to make the Portal available to external users? Are there any external logins included or do we really have to pay 170€ monthly for 100 logins?
  2. What would the price be using a Dynamics Portal?
  3. Are there any functional differences between those 2 portals?
  4. If the Dynamics Portal is cheaper, how do we transition our PowerApps portal to a Dynamics Portal?

Pricing is so ridiculously difficult to understand, it is a shame.

Licensing changes each update and they just get more expensive (deprecation of Customer Engagement License), yet the product pretty much doesn't improve in areas where a lot of issues lie. 

Thanks for answering the questions.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Dynamics Portal vs PowerApps Portal: Licensing for external Users

Hello Serf,

When it comes to the PowerApps Portal licensing, it is all capacity licensing and you will need the 100 logins and 50k of page views.  I can't speak to what your price would be, but I cover do cover this topic on this thread:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/PA-Portals-Licensing-questions/m-p/493006/hig...

The functionality of the portal add-on (traditional Dynamics Portal) vs the Power Apps Capacity Portal is the same.  The licensing is different. It is difficult to say which portal would be cheaper.  That would depend on usage.  

Please review the thread I have provided.  I recommend reaching out to Billing Support for additional information.

Billing support is provided in English from 9 AM-5 PM (9 AM-6 PM in Australia), Monday-Friday.
Technical support is provided in English 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Admins, have your account details ready when you call.

• In the United States, call 1 800 865 9408.
  • In Australia, call 1 800 197 503.
  • In Canada, call 1 800 865 9408.
  • In the United Kingdom, call 0800 032 6417.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.  Have a good day.

Thanks,

Mark Biggerstaff

Dynamics Support

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Dynamics Portal vs PowerApps Portal: Licensing for external Users

image.pngimage.png

image.png

I guess as our portals are already "Production" ones and external login right now works, it seems that it is hopefully included in Dynamics.

It is also how I understand the licensing guide, but its cryptic holy cow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (5,019)