cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Dynamics

We are seriously considering making a Portal, that is mostly forms to be filled in, to be massively scalable using Dynamics as our backend, by using C# directly into Dynamics for calculations.

Is there is a maximum number of calls at a time or per day with Dynamics?  If so, where can I find the limitations? Can we increase them?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Dynamics

hi

there is no limit in terms of API calls, but you should consider Portals licensing for your project

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-licensing-options-for-powerapps-and-flow/

if you exceed the page views you might get an error message / portal unavailable kind of thing

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Dynamics

Oliver,

I want Dynamics because I need some calculations completed.  I much prefer that interface over SQL.  Using some C# we can do our math without SQL, if I can just get the two, to communicate enough.

It looks as though there may be an option of going at it from MS F&O SAAS licensing apparently.  He said there would be some sort of negotiation of pricing or whatever.  Not sure if they are right, but I am calling tomorrow anyway. Will post back if something comes of it.

Otherwise, Dynamics has a limit of 52 requests at a time, so I need a load balancer. Now I have to learn what a load balancer is, and how to apply that to a portal so I can use Dynamics.  It's like being in Wonderland with a million toys everywhere. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,703)