cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankBekema
Frequent Visitor

Dynamics365 Duplicate Detection error message

I setup Dynamic 365 duplicate detection rules to prevent duplicate data being inserted, but when I insert duplicative data on the portal it gives me this error:

image.png

Is there a way that I can get a more user friendly error with duplicate detection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi

the Portals actually ignores any duplicate detection rule from your D365 instance

this might be related to something else, can you enable Plugin Error Message so we see the exact error?

for this, create a Site Setting called: Site/EnableCustomPluginError and value True

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi

the Portals actually ignores any duplicate detection rule from your D365 instance

this might be related to something else, can you enable Plugin Error Message so we see the exact error?

for this, create a Site Setting called: Site/EnableCustomPluginError and value True

------------

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Well that atleast gives an better error message, is this the right way to fix this issue?

Annotation 2020-05-19 133638.png

This seems to give a proper error message, it seems like that it is using my key options from the entity system. They didn't work at first but after a little while they did. I guess that fixes this issue? Is this the right way to solve this?

Unfortunately we can't change the source of that message, what you can do is adding a JavaScript to change the content of the message, there is a delay that users might see the old message changing to the new one, so it isn't really the most perfect solution

Add the following JS code into your Entity Form javascript section:

$(document).ready(function () {

ChangeUniqueKeyValidationMessage();
});

var ChangeUniqueKeyValidationMessage = function()
{
    var errorMessage = $(".text-danger");
    if(errorMessage.text().indexOf("uq_group_order") > 0)
    {
        errorMessage.text("My new message");
    }
};

------------

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,950)