cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Email notifications with PowerApps portal is not working

We have set-up PowerApps portal but there are no email for users when try to register or also when try to set a new password using Forget password option. Email notifications with PowerApps portal is not working  even with below setting from "Site settings" to true.

Authentication/Registration/ResetPasswordEnabled 

Authentication/Registration/ResetPasswordRequiresConfirmedEmail

Do we need to make any other changes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Email notifications with PowerApps portal is not working

Hi @Devendra1432 ,

ResetPasswordRequiresConfirmedEmail is implemented by workflow. If you deactivate and edit the workflow and enter the Send Email property view as follows, 

You can see that the issue is that the email is being sent from the Owner of the Contact. The issue here is that by default when a user registers from the portal, this owner will be the SYSTEM account deployed by the portal template we chose to deploy. This account won't have an active email address or mailbox in Dynamics and therefore the workflow will fail. To fix this, all we need to do is select a more appropriate account.Snipaste_2020-04-03_16-28-34.pngSnipaste_2020-04-03_16-29-49.png

Some other Email confirmation issues are also because of this. 

For more information, please check this blog:https://community.dynamics.com/365/b/daringdynamics/posts/dynamics-365-portal-confirm-email-error 

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Devendra1432 ,

ResetPasswordRequiresConfirmedEmail is implemented by workflow. If you deactivate and edit the workflow and enter the Send Email property view as follows, 

You can see that the issue is that the email is being sent from the Owner of the Contact. The issue here is that by default when a user registers from the portal, this owner will be the SYSTEM account deployed by the portal template we chose to deploy. This account won't have an active email address or mailbox in Dynamics and therefore the workflow will fail. To fix this, all we need to do is select a more appropriate account.Snipaste_2020-04-03_16-28-34.pngSnipaste_2020-04-03_16-29-49.png

Some other Email confirmation issues are also because of this. 

For more information, please check this blog:https://community.dynamics.com/365/b/daringdynamics/posts/dynamics-365-portal-confirm-email-error 

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

I am having the same problem that @Devendra1432 is, and I have the same site settings enabled. I've modified the process to send from an account other than SYSTEM, but no emails are being sent. 

I've tried to check the email configuration settings, but that area is not available in my Settings menu. 

Untitled.png

How can I resolve this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (3,411)