cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PavanKumbhar

Empty Portal Template

Hi,

I'm working on a PowerApps Portal application and all of sudden one of my portal templates looks empty. I made changes to this template yesterday and when I look into it now there is nothing in this template, it's completely empty. I don't have a backup of this template, can anyone please help me to find if there is a way to restore this template content from the history?

Thanks,

Pavan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PavanKumbhar

Hi All,

I actually found an easy way to restore this. It looks like the complete environment gets automatic backups and we can restore using these backups to any time in the last 7 days. This backup will be restored to a sandbox environment so there is nothing to worry about losing the data. So I just restored to the time when the template was fine and then copied the template from the sandbox to the prod environment.

Thank you all for your help. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
OOlashyn
Super User
Super User

Hi @PavanKumbhar ,

Unfortunately, if you don't have a backup of the template there is no way to restore it, at least to my knowledge.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @PavanKumbhar 

As of now there is no direct way to restore it. But there are few good articles from Arpit for backup and restore using devops. Also you can try some tools from xrmtoolbox 

Reference

https://arpitmscrmhunt.blogspot.com/2020/05/powerapps-portals-automate-portal.html

Alternatively you can spinup one more trial from your dev environment and get the template.

Hope it helps.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

PavanKumbhar

Hi All,

I actually found an easy way to restore this. It looks like the complete environment gets automatic backups and we can restore using these backups to any time in the last 7 days. This backup will be restored to a sandbox environment so there is nothing to worry about losing the data. So I just restored to the time when the template was fine and then copied the template from the sandbox to the prod environment.

Thank you all for your help. 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,255)