cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SriCori
Regular Visitor

Entity List Component won't open the View Form or Edit Form, throws error

Hi Experts,

Suddenly I'm facing error while opening the items from the entity list component in the power apps portal.

Entity List component in the UI allows to Create, View, Edit, Delete, items. These crud operations can be performed from another form component in a popup or in a different web page redirected from the entity list. The Setting for Target Type = Form is suddenly not working while browsed from the portal, but the Target Type = Webpage works well. (this setting will not give any issues while in the design mode)

entity_list_target_type.PNG

But when I click on the Create button from the List in the webpage getting the error.

"We are sorry, but seems something went wrong. Please try again, and if this persists, contact the website administrator.
Error ID # [4e1b3f08-bc0d-4246-bf56-5a9c05c43d2e]"

I was trying to debug this issues and found the "entity_list" web template is used to render the List.

{% include 'entity_list' key: 'Customer List' %}

But I'm unable to find the source code of the "entity_list" web template. Don't know how to fix this issue. 
Please note: This functionality was working fine before, suddenly stopped working.

1 REPLY 1
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SriCori ,

Do you mean that the Target Type "Form" not work within your PowerApps Portal?

Have you enabled "Entity Permission" for your Entity Form in your Portal?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, please check the following screenshot:

4.JPG

Please go to your "Portal Management", then check if the corresponding Entity Form related to your Entity List is still existed there.

If you have enabled "Entity Permission" for your Entity Form in your Portal, please make sure you have signed in your Portal with proper credential to access "+ Create" button within your Entity List.

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the Entity Form from your "Portal Management", then re-add a new Entity Form for your Entity, then edit your Portal, click "Sync Configuration" button to apply the changes in you made in your Portal Management, then re-bind the Entity List to your Entity form, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,952)