cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic_Kitchen
Frequent Visitor

Entity List Grid Configuration 'Create Related Record' Basic Forms not showing up

I have an entity list showing records from a Parent table. When a user clicks the item action button within the list I want to bring up a Basic Form for a child entity of the parent table to create a new child record related to the Parent record selected. 

In the Entity List > Options tab > Grid configuration I am trying to add the item action Create Related Record with the target type Basic Form, but none of my Basic forms are showing up. 

Cosmic_Kitchen_0-1650564519434.png

Is there something I need to specify for these basic forms so they are available here? They are linked in Dataverse with a Parent/Child relationship to the table of the Entity List, and they are linked by Basic Form > Associated Table Reference within the Portal Management App.

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Manar
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cosmic_Kitchen ,

You dont need to specify anything in the basic form for it to be visible BUT you need to make sure that the Basic Form are :

1-Active 

2- Configured on the SAME portal the Entity List is on

Manar_0-1650913111841.png

Thank you,
Manar

If you like this post, give it aThumbs Up. Where it solved your query, mark it as a SOLUTION so it can help other people!
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Make sure the Basic Form's "Mode" is set to Insert (i.e. it is not edit or readonly).

Cosmic_Kitchen
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestions. 

I can confirm that the Basic form is Active, associated with the same portal website (there's only one) and is an Insert type form for a new record. 

The form itself works fine when I put it on a page on its own, it just won't show up on the entity list grid configurations option.

The client has decided on another approach, so no longer need to get this working right now. I am, however, still curious as to the issue because I'm sure a requirement will come up like this in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

MPP IDEAS

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Users online (3,963)