cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graham
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Entity Lists and View with Advanced Filter

I have a View with an advanced filter. The filter applies to a related entity. In my Model Driven App, it works as expected.

However, when I apply the same view to an entity list in my Portal, the filter does not work correctly. The headers are the same as the View, and updating the columns in the View is reflected in the Portal immediately, but I cannot work out what filter it is using instead!

My page containing the entity list is secured with a web role. Either the user has access to the page or they do not. I have tried disabling (and enabling) entity permissions on the entity list, but to no avail.

I would appreciate anyone else's experiences - can Portals not use Views with advanced filters? If so, why am I able to select the View?

5 REPLIES 5
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, can you explain what the filters are? a few other things to check:

• is the entity list referencing the same view as your Model-Driven App?
  • have you cleared the cache?

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Need to see what you view is. 

If its a permissions thing, then set up entity permissions for all the entities in the query and set them all Global - if it then works you know its permissions.

as per oliver clear the cache, and also logout and logback into the portal

The 'View' simply has a filter applied, which also filters on a related table. It's not complicated at all, but on the 'View', it is classed as an 'Advanced Filter' i.e. 'Advanced Filters apply to this view'.

Yes, the entity list is referencing the same 'View' as the MDA. Also cleared the cache, no different. Also tried on a different browser too.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, can you share a few snapshots? of the view configuration in the MDA

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Graham  we are asking to know what the definition of the view is as it can have an impact on how the Portal functions (it is not always exactly the same as what you see in a model driven app) particularly if there are Account and Contact references in it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,773)