cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nerdifand
Frequent Visitor

Entity Permissions for product

dear devs,

we are trying to reduce the returned records on a lookup (product) on a entityform.
we successfully did so by using entity permissions for a custom entity.
Entity Countries (m:m-relationship to contact (portal user))

which is the parent for
        Entity custom-entity Prices (only records showed where the associated country record has the portal user in the list)!

works like a charm, however:
when i setup the same parental scope for product, i get this message:

nerdifand_0-1614012578979.png

global permission is working.
any ideas?
sunny greetings

nerdifand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dear oliver

thx for your participation! i have even more confusing news. the entity permissions are suddenly working as expected!
i could even change it to a multi-level-parental scope: meaning i have products --> product_countries --> countries with contact relationship.
i am pretty sure i did a lot of configuration synchronizing and hard refreshs, so i cannot explain why this specific error (objectid=guid.empty on entity product) went away.
i am closing this thread.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

can you share a snapshot of your entity permissions? 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

after sleeping 1 night over it, i realized it is probably because both relationships are many-to-many-relationships.
my fixation on the product entity is missleading.

nerdifand_0-1614064023236.png

nerdifand_1-1614064082721.png

EDIT*: no this is no m:m-relationship...1 product can have many product_countries.
i am a little confused 🤕

so its possible to choose this constellation in the entity permissions, however its not working.
sunny greetings 

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, I must confess I am bit confused myself as well. Can you explain again the relationships and what do you want to achieve with the permissions / lookup?

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Dear oliver

thx for your participation! i have even more confusing news. the entity permissions are suddenly working as expected!
i could even change it to a multi-level-parental scope: meaning i have products --> product_countries --> countries with contact relationship.
i am pretty sure i did a lot of configuration synchronizing and hard refreshs, so i cannot explain why this specific error (objectid=guid.empty on entity product) went away.
i am closing this thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Users online (2,686)