Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Entity list - filter conditions n:n

Hi all!

I have an entity which has an n:n relationship to accounts entity, because i want the records in this entity to be visible on both accounts.

Whenever i go to the entity list and try to set filter condition to the N;N relationship, it says not applicable. I'm guessing this sort of relationship is not supported.

What could i do so that i can relate records to two different accounts and also have it filterable in the entity list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for you suggestions guys, but i ended up adding two relationship columns to the entity each relating to their needed accounts and everything works wonderfully, this might not be the best solution, but for now it works, will also look into your suggested solutions.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @KD203,

The product doesn't support filtering on a related table, as there's not really a way to bring that data in on a single line. You're really looking for a query filter, rather than a result filter - think of the available options more like result filters. You'll need to build a custom query + result table combination. One option for the result table would be DataTables, if you want to keep things simple.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

I once used liquid filter inside other liquid for n to n request, because there is no option OOB in Portal.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for you suggestions guys, but i ended up adding two relationship columns to the entity each relating to their needed accounts and everything works wonderfully, this might not be the best solution, but for now it works, will also look into your suggested solutions.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (4,184)