cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Entity list's Calendar View not displaying in Portal

Hi, I set up an entity list (with entity permissions enabled) that contains dates from a holiday calendar entity. I made sure that my entity list and page template were connected to the corresponding web page that has the entity list, as well as setting up the entity permission. However, for some reason the calendar won't show in the Portal. What could be the issue? I have the start date, end date, and summary fields linked in the calendar view,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Entity list's Calendar View not displaying in Portal

Hi,

I think you may be running into a known bug, that should (hopefully) be resolved soon.

Someone reported a similar issue about the geolocation functionality not working in mid-December.  Both geolocation and the calendar functionality require the use of Rewrite page templates.  After consultation with Microsoft, they confirmed that there is an issue rendering Entity Lists on pages using Rewrite Page Templates.  They indicated they had identified the issue and it would be resolved in an upcoming release.

Nick

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi,

I think you may be running into a known bug, that should (hopefully) be resolved soon.

Someone reported a similar issue about the geolocation functionality not working in mid-December.  Both geolocation and the calendar functionality require the use of Rewrite page templates.  After consultation with Microsoft, they confirmed that there is an issue rendering Entity Lists on pages using Rewrite Page Templates.  They indicated they had identified the issue and it would be resolved in an upcoming release.

Nick

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ahh, I guess I will just use a canvas app with the calendar screen then embed it into the site on my portal until they get it fixed. Thanks for the info.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@dsipowerapps for now the alternative or a workaround is to use a web template based page.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I already had a custom canvas app for a calendar so I just embedded it into the website instead of making a separate web template.

Highlighted

Using a Web Template-based page won't work in this case.  The Calendar and Geolocation functionality only work on Rewrite-based pages.

https://readyxrm.blog/2018/11/16/show-calendar-and-maps-on-dynamics-365-online-portals/

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I think he means that I could just write my own JavaScript and HTML in a custom web template because the rewrite function doesn't work. The calendar view just allows you to shortcut that because coding an interactive calendar is not the easiest task. However, it really is not a helpful workaround for what is supposed to be a low code platform. Their lack of documentation and communication about issues regarding this entire platform is very poor.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@nhayduk - Yes, thanks for highlighting that the workaround would not work for calendar since it does indeed require Rewrite template. However the workaround would still work for Entity List and Forms which currently would not be functional for the same issue

@dsipowerapps - Yes, writing your own control is always an option but requires work and is not proposed since  portals intend to provide it out of the box. We have fixed the issue on priority and it should be rolling out with our next deployment (we expect it to be in all regions in a 2 weeks as per the current schedule). Regret the inconvenience this has caused.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,793)