cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Entity metadata subgrid item actions automatically reset to "Details" after once reloading it at Powerapps portal management

Hello,

I'm currently working on Powerapps portal and an entity form needs to have another entity as subgrids.

I have put subgrids on it when I made the form from model-driven app,

and after I connected it to the target view on powerapps portal, it successfully came to be shown on the form as I expected.

HiroakiSasaki_0-1596806706047.png

The next step is to allow users to CRUD the records. 
I made proper settings (as long as I believe) at entity metadata.

HiroakiSasaki_1-1596807053752.png

At "Item Actions" on Grid Configuration, I put "Details", "Edit" and "Delete" as shown below, and saved it.

HiroakiSasaki_3-1596807359282.png

After refreshing the portal, the settings were successfully reflected on my portal site once, Yay!.....BUT

HiroakiSasaki_4-1596809165214.png

Once I reload the entity metadata setting record on portal management, all item actions got automatically reset to "Details".

And the unintended changes got also reflected on the portal site after the next page refresh...

HiroakiSasaki_6-1596809314298.png

I recheck the setting related access policies but still can't solve this problem.
One strange point is that it actually works until reloading/refreshing the entity metadata setting record after setting it.

I'm waiting for any small tips or possibilities.

Thank you for reading!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Entity metadata subgrid item actions automatically reset to "Details" after once reloading it at Powerapps portal management

Hi

that sounds very weird, I would suggest enabling audit for both Entity Form and Entity Form Metadata: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/audit-data-user-activity#:~:text=To%20start%20...

then try to understand how/when the data is being reset to the previous stage.. it looks like a very weird bug, probably worth opening a ticket with Microsoft, I never faced that one myself

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Entity metadata subgrid item actions automatically reset to "Details" after once reloading it at Powerapps portal management

Hi

that sounds very weird, I would suggest enabling audit for both Entity Form and Entity Form Metadata: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/audit-data-user-activity#:~:text=To%20start%20...

then try to understand how/when the data is being reset to the previous stage.. it looks like a very weird bug, probably worth opening a ticket with Microsoft, I never faced that one myself

------------

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Were you able to resolve this I am having exactly the same problem. As soon as you save the subgrid it changes the Edit and Delete item Action to Details. Not sure audit will help. Have also raised a ticket but wondered if you had found a solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,863)