cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Displaying Form in Power Portals

I was trying out a flow that updates a record upon creation, it went well on model driven however when i tried it on Portals this error message appeared. Is this normal and is there a way to fix it? Thank you in advance!

byansakura_0-1599451059199.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
justinburch
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous,

You'll need to disable Custom Error Logging in order to see what the actual issue is (Yellow-Screen-of-Death with error logging). A couple of other questions:

1. Does this only occur on submission of a record, or does it occur when you open a record updated from the model driven app?
  2. Flow is asynchronous, so are you sure this is because of the flow or could this be something else - like an invalid input (e.g. putting "Justin Burch <admin@justinburch.com>" will throw the same error from any form

I hope this helps,

Justin

View solution in original post

@Anonymous take a look at this video if you need help with disabling the custom error page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8QxoyOIzAc&

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
justinburch
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous,

You'll need to disable Custom Error Logging in order to see what the actual issue is (Yellow-Screen-of-Death with error logging). A couple of other questions:

1. Does this only occur on submission of a record, or does it occur when you open a record updated from the model driven app?
  2. Flow is asynchronous, so are you sure this is because of the flow or could this be something else - like an invalid input (e.g. putting "Justin Burch <admin@justinburch.com>" will throw the same error from any form

I hope this helps,

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @justinburch 

So i have a webform with few steps in it, after i submit a step, this error occurs. About the flow I'm not sure but when i deactive the flow there is no error. Can a webform display step that is recently updated?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Regarding the issue that you mentioned, I agree with @justinburch 's thought almost. Please disable the Custom Errors option in your Portal's Administrator, then you would see the details info about this error.

Have you tried to create a new workflow for your Entity, then bind it into your Web Form Step again, then check if the issue is solved.

In addition, also please make sure that the Web Role assigned to you has sufficient permission to access the Entity resource related to your Web Form.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous take a look at this video if you need help with disabling the custom error page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8QxoyOIzAc&

------------

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @Anonymous,

I see - it does sound like the flow is causing the issue then, and if your first step is an Insert you won't be able to duplicate it from a model driven app created record.

A few things to consider:

1. Have you disabled the custom error logging to see the stack trace?
  2. Can you quickly create a new web form for "Edit" with just that step and see if that opens existing records?
  3. Does your flow perform logic - or can you make the post-create update via Entity Form Metadata (Set Value on Save)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,840)