Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulsnolan
Helper IV
Helper IV

Error migrating portal from dev to prod

Hi All

I’ve just built my first PowerApps Portal in dev and I am trying to migrate it to prod. I have followed the post below but when I try to access the migrated site I get an error. I hope someone can help

Migrate portal configuration - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

A new portal was provisioned in our prod environment. The configuration data was exported from dev and imported into prod for the following schemas:

Site Settings

Content Snippets

Settings

Web Templates

Page Templates

Web Pages

Entity Forms

Entity Lists

Web Link Sets

Web Roles

Web Page Access Control Rules

Entity Permissions

Web Files and Notes attachments

I ran ‘Run Portal Checker’ and everything passed

I turned off custom error messages and saved error logs to Azure Blob Storage

The error I get when attempting to access the migrated portal in production is

‘Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4261.0’

And the error in Blob Storage

‘RequestData:{"IsAuthenticated":false,"Tags":[]}, RequestPath:/, RequestExtension:, SessionId:, UserId:, CorrelationId:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Elapsed:20.798, RequestMethod:GET, RequestContentType:, RequestAccept:, RequestCacheControl:, UserAgent:AlwaysOn, HandlerName:, HandlerExecuted:False, VaryByCustom:, ExceptionMessage:Error ID - de90d43b-1ff4-45f2-8de2-32eeb03c8878.  The Webpage you are looking for at / is not found in the English language. To display Page Not Found page localize it in English language.

System.Web.HttpException

at Adxstudio.Xrm.Web.ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.GetNotFoundNode(ContentMap map, WebsiteNode site, IContentMapEntityUrlProvider urlProvider) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Web\ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.cs:line 445

at Adxstudio.Xrm.Web.ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.FindSiteMapNode(String rawUrl, ContentMap map, Int32 counter, Boolean excludeFromSecurityValidation) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Web\ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.cs:line 161

at Adxstudio.Xrm.Web.ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<FindSiteMapNode>b__1(ContentMap map) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Web\ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.cs:line 35

at Adxstudio.Xrm.Cms.ContentMap.<>c__DisplayClass20_0`1.<Using>b__0() in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Cms\ContentMap.cs:line 143

at Adxstudio.Xrm.Cms.ContentMap.Using(ContentMapLockType lockType, Action action, String memberName, String sourceFilePath, Int32 sourceLineNumber) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Cms\ContentMap.cs:line 195

at Adxstudio.Xrm.Cms.ContentMap.Using[T](ContentMapLockType lockType, Func`1 action, String memberName, String sourceFilePath, Int32 sourceLineNumber) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Cms\ContentMap.cs:line 144

at Adxstudio.Xrm.Web.ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<FindSiteMapNode>b__0() in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Web\ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.cs:line 35

at Adxstudio.Xrm.Web.ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.CachePerRequest[T](String method, String key, Func`1 get) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Web\ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.cs:line 617

at Adxstudio.Xrm.Web.ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.FindSiteMapNode(String rawUrl) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Web\ContentMapCrmSiteMapProvider.cs:line 35

at Adxstudio.Xrm.Web.Routing.PortalRouteHandler.GetNode(RequestContext request) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Web\Routing\PortalRouteHandler.cs:line 272

at Adxstudio.Xrm.Web.Routing.PortalRouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Web\Routing\PortalRouteHandler.cs:line 62

at System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Adxstudio.Xrm

, EventData:ASP.global_asax’

The Page Not Found page is in English

Also when I attempt to edit the production portal after a few minutes of the ‘Getting things ready’ message I get ‘Something Went Wrong’

Any ideas

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
OOlashyn
Super User
Super User

Hi @paulsnolan,

This error means that portal tried to access the root page of the portal, cannot do it, tried to redirect to default 404 page and cannot find it either. I would advise you open Admin Portal and check if the portal is pointing to proper D365 instance. Also, I would advise you to restart portal - sometimes some changes are not reflected especially after migration. If this doesn't help I think you need to open a support ticket with MS.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
paulsnolan
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi OOlashyn

Apologies for the late reply, been on festive break, Happy New Year.

Tried your suggestions but neither worked. However we did manage to fix the issue, but it was a bit ‘left field’. The clue was in the error text where it refers to the Page Not Found page being localized in English language. I’d checked all the pages in the migrated portal and they were set to English. However my colleague, using Portal Management’, removed the English language from the Page Not Found Web Page and re-added it (with no save in between) and then Save & Close and the page appeared. We tried this with the Home page and voila the migrated site came up. We then went to the Website in Portal Management and did the same for the Default Language. I can now also edit the migrated portal. Have you ever come across this with page languages? Thought I would share to save anyone else my pain.

Hi @paulsnolan ,

Interesting finding. I didn't experience this issue in particular, despite using portal with couple of languages. I had similar issue but in that case missing page just didn't have a version with proper language. Good to know and thanks for sharing!

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Hi @OOlashyn 

Further info re this issue. Doing a dummy update of the Default Language for the Website, as mentioned above, doesn't update the language for all the pages in the portal. We still had to do a dummy update for an individual page to make the page available.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,022)