Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edtroit
Helper I
Helper I

Error when user redeems invite code for local account

Hi,

I'm sending out invites for local accounts, but getting an error when they are redeemed. The user will get the invite email and then when they go to register a new account on the redeemed code an error occurs on submission.

edtroit_0-1599581340178.png

I have LocalLogingEnabled True in my site settings. Thank you for any help.

edtroit_1-1599581776695.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nevermind, it was my Process: Invite Redemption. Not sure why, but the email template for this was blank. Thank you for your help solving this @OliverRodrigues

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi

do you have the registration site settings enabled? - Authentication/Registration/Enabled 

take a look at this video to disable custom error page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8QxoyOIzAc&t=2s

this might help on getting the real exception

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Thanks @OliverRodrigues

I have  Authentication/Registration/Enabled enabled and set to true in the site settings.

I followed the instructions on the video and can see the error "The e-mail must have at least one recipient before it can be sent". Any suggestion where to go from here? 

I found this post and thought maybe it was the owner of the Process: Send Email Confirmation To Contact

following the registration of the invite code, but it did not work for me. Thank you for any help.

https://community.dynamics.com/365/b/daringdynamics/posts/dynamics-365-portal-confirm-email-error

Nevermind, it was my Process: Invite Redemption. Not sure why, but the email template for this was blank. Thank you for your help solving this @OliverRodrigues

great, can you mark that as the solution in case other people are facing the same problem?

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Done, thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,783)