cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praneshJ
Helper III
Helper III

Export button is disable in my managed solution.

Hello Experts,

I have 3 environments, Default, DevQA and Production, on DevQA I have migrated one of the solutions from Default environment using Managed type, Then I have made some changes in my entities on DevQA environment, that i wanted to migrate on the production environment.

Due to Managed type migration of the solution from Default to DevQA I am not able to export the solution from the DevQA environment.

Is there a way to change managed solution to unmanaged solution and export the solution from my DevQA environment to Production environment?

Quick help is really appreciable!!

Regards,

Pranesh

1 REPLY 1
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, the best practice here is to not make any changes in the QA environment.

Any changes should be made in the DEV environment (as you should always have unmanaged solutions there), then you export as managed and import in the further environments.

There are plenty articles online and a huge community discussion on this topic. I personally like to work with managed solutions but you do need to get a full understanding of how solutions work. If you are unclear or not comfortable at this stage, I would recommend going unmanaged all the way.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,435)