Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmitSah
Post Patron
Post Patron

External Azure Active Directory Enabled but not Working - Portal

Hi Experts,

I need to use External Authentication and I have enabled the "Authentication/Registration/AzureADLoginEnabled" Site Setting (i.e which will work for the same tenant users to authenticate in the portal) but it is giving the below message when we click on the Azure AD button:

Azure AD IssueAzure AD Issue

Please let me know what is the issue which is causing this.

Thanks,

Amit

3 REPLIES 3
UlrikkeAkerbæk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello @AmitSah 

The "Authentication/Registration/AzureADLoginEnabled" setting is referring to the default AzureAD authentication that came out of the box with your portal.

If you want to allow users within local AzureAD to login you don't need the external authentication.

If you need users from other tenants to login with their Azure AD users then you would need to setup an external authentication in Azure using AzureADB2C as provider. Documentation is found here: Configure the Azure Active Directory B2C identity provider for Power Apps portals. - Power Apps | Mi...

There is a new user experience for setting up authentication from the Power Apps Admin portal at https://make.powerapps.com 

authenticationsettingsmenu.jpg

That's where you can configure AzureADB2C without being too familiar with Azure (like me). 

authenticationsettingsmenu_azureADb2c.jpg

Read the documentation about the new experience here for more information: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/use-simplified-authentication-con...

Hope it helps 🙂 

Hi @UlrikkeAkerbæk 

Thanks for your response!

I am sorry for not being clear but yes The "Authentication/Registration/AzureADLoginEnabled" setting is referring to authenticate the same tenant user by there Microsoft account. 

I have asked the Global admin user to approve that, so that we can use the Azure AD authentication but after global admin approve it, now it is not showing that message by it not authenticating and after clicking on the button it is redirecting to login screen.

Any help on this?

Thanks,

Amit

ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @AmitSah , if you prefer this method.  To avoid the error what you are getting

By Admin: 

1. Login to https://portal.azure.com/ 

2.  Click on Azure Active directory > users > Add guest users 

3. Add their email id as invite user 

ragavanrajan_0-1606938947127.png

4. Once the external user email address has been added as guest

Then do the portal sync configuration. Then external users can login with Azure AD. 

Note: As @UlrikkeAkerbæk  Microsoft preferred way is Azure B2C. But the solution I have mentioned also works. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (74,646)