Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phineas
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

External User Access Error

Practicing my Portals.

I've built one; works fine (to me); I've added someone, for test purposes, as an external users with Administrative permissions.

She is getting the following error when she goes to the site. I have set up her account; she has a 'Contact' account; she is under 'Administrator' in permissions.

If I take of permissions and open the site to everyone she can use her Username and password to sign in. Once I require authentification the error message returns.

Phineas_1-1642811440229.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for enabling the custom error @Phineas 

To make it simple. you can leave all settings as it is in the home page and make sure it is working for you. 

For your colleague, the ground rule is to ask your colleague to sign in to the portal via Azure AD or using local login (not recommended) then the portal will create a contact. 

Once Contact is created then as an administrator you can assign a web role to her. 

In your case, I can see you have created a contact for your colleague. 

Hope this will fix your issue. 

------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Phineas 

What kind of log in your colleague is using? If it is local login? Did you turn off any site settings recently? 

To understand this error bit more. Could you enable the "Disable custom errors" feature? Official article below for reference 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/view-portal-error-log  

Once enabled, try the sync config and browse the website. 

Ask your colleague to login again then you will get a yellow screen detailed error. Could you post the screenshot here to help you quickly? 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Thanks for enabling the custom error @Phineas 

To make it simple. you can leave all settings as it is in the home page and make sure it is working for you. 

For your colleague, the ground rule is to ask your colleague to sign in to the portal via Azure AD or using local login (not recommended) then the portal will create a contact. 

Once Contact is created then as an administrator you can assign a web role to her. 

In your case, I can see you have created a contact for your colleague. 

Hope this will fix your issue. 

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,005)