Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

External authentication with linkedin and google does not work similar error

Hi,

I'm trying to add external authentication for linkedin, google and but I keep getting the similar error message. 

below you can see the error message, the settings in for the google setup along with the documentation from microsoft about the setup regarding the redirect url.

Error MessageError MessageredirecturlredirecturlMicrosoft documentationMicrosoft documentation

Linkedin:

settings linkedinsettings linkedinerror message linkedinerror message linkedin

Does anyone have any idea about what is causing these errors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: External authentication with linkedin and google does not work similar error

Hi, it was the preview functionality of setting up external authentication that caused my issue. So it seems that microsoft have some work to do there in order to get it working. When I went straight to the site settings and set it up there it worked fine.

But thanks for your help.

google.pngpreview powerapps.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: External authentication with linkedin and google does not work similar error

Hi @J_Karlsson ,

I just made a test on my side following the doc steps, and the Google Authentication can work properly.

Have you ever updated the domain of your portal?

From the error message we can see that the redirect url doesn't match, so please check if your Power Apps Portal URL is typed correctly.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi I actually did a test in another environment on the same domain and that worked fine.

So it shouldn't be any issues with the domain?

And yes I have spelled the url correct.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @J_Karlsson ,

If you test successfully on the portal in another environment with the same steps, this basically validates that there is nothing wrong with the Google API itself, the problem is that the portal URL doesn't match what you registered.

Have you ever updated the portal domain or added a custom domain name?

If not, please try to reset the portal and re-create a API credentials to try again.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit a Support Ticket to Microsoft for further assistance.

Sik

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, it was the preview functionality of setting up external authentication that caused my issue. So it seems that microsoft have some work to do there in order to get it working. When I went straight to the site settings and set it up there it worked fine.

But thanks for your help.

google.pngpreview powerapps.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,843)