cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vermaaman
Resolver I
Resolver I

Files attached in PowerApps portal (using Note) not showing in canvas app.

Hi -

We have developed PowerApps portal (majorly for external users) with multiple forms with attachment enabled on them. Data is stored in Dataverse tables and attachements are stored in Note table. Same tables are used in an Canvas App (majorly for internal users) to perform some CRUD operations. 

Everything is working fine except the attachment. 

When internal users attach the document from Canvas app, it doesn't appear on powerapps portal, similarly when external users attach the document from powerapps portal it doesn't appear in Canvas app.

We want to use Note as attachment storage for both Canvas App and PowerApps portal.

Is there any way we can achieve this ?

Thank you!

Aman

4 REPLIES 4
neerajn
Power Apps
Power Apps

Can you check if description of note is prefixed with "*WEB*". 

neerajn_0-1629358599031.png

Related document: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure-notes

vermaaman
Resolver I
Resolver I

@neerajn  thanks for the response, 

Looks like that setting in your previous comment is for attachments to appear on portal. Just to let you know that notes are appearing fine on powerapps portal but same not appearing on canvas app ?

ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @vermaaman 

Please confirm your canvas app is embedded in the portal and you are trying to attach files and expecting the attached files to appear in the portal as attachments? 

Is that correct? 

Thanks @ragavanrajan  for the response, 

No, powerApps canvas app isn’t embedded in portal. Portal is using basic form to take the attachment and store in Note. We want to read/download the attachment uploaded from portal in canvas app and vice-verse.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,097)