cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmad-KAISPE
Helper V
Helper V

Filter record on portal based on current logged in user

Hello all, I am using Power Apps Portal using Entity List to view only current logged-in user records. I did the following settings:  

1: Created a Entity List in my custom Entity.  

2: Created a lookup field (i.e.: portalContact) in "Contacts" with the relationship to my custom Entity  

3: Create and Enabled Entity permissions (i.e: Portal Entity List Permission) and associate the Authenticated User web roles to my entity permissions.  

4: On portal management, 1-Selected "my custom Entity" which contains records, 2-Selected "Contacts" Entity Access Scope, 3-Selected "my custom field" in contact relationship.  

5: Cleared cache

I only can see "There are no records to display." in portal.  Also after register and sign-in i am not able to see any contact added in authenticated user web role. I can only see the current logged-in user added in "Active Contacts".

Would anyone please help me out in this?

Thanks in advance..!

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ahmad-KAISPE 

You need to set contact field in Your custom entity records. So, you can view records of logged in contact.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
hardikv
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Ahmad-KAISPE 

In Entity List record, you will find "Filter Condition" section in General Tab.

You can see "Porta Contact Attribute", Where you have to select "portalContact" field which is lookup of contact in your custom entity.

FilterCondition.png

After this, clear the cache and check.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your query, Mark as a Solution so it can help other people!

Hi hardikv, Thank you for your response. Yes I have tried this but I am not able to see my look up field there. Regards.

Make sure that you have added lookup field of contact in your custom entity!

Did you publish customization from Dynamics 365?

Hi,
I have already created a lookup field in my contact entity. Do I also have to make contact field in my custom entity (which contains list of data).

Regards.

Hi @Ahmad-KAISPE 

For Filter Condition:

Do I also have to make contact field in my custom entity (which contains list of data).

YES -> that field you need to select in Portal User Attribute in Filter Condition

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, I think you are nearly there.. just a few things to double check:

• entity scope is set to "Contact" right? --> can you try changing to Global just as a test?
  • also make sure you have at least read privileges
  • no users/contact will appear under the Authenticated Web Role, the reason for that is because this Web Role is a special role that it is automatically assigned to the user once you log in.. even though you can't see in the relationship association
  • it seems that you registered a new contact after having your data populated.. can you associate the data with your contact that your logged in?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi OliverRodrigues,

When I try changing to Global as a test it gets all records the in entity list, but I am not sure its not working with Contact.

Regards.

Hi @Ahmad-KAISPE 

You need to set contact field in Your custom entity records. So, you can view records of logged in contact.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,343)