cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnaEllen
Frequent Visitor

Forgot Password Error for Invalid Email (email address that doesn't exist in dataverse)

Hello - 

I am testing the forgot password functionality in my powerapps portal, and I am running into an issue. If I enter an email address that I know doesn't exist as a contact in my dataverse, I am still getting the same "success" message that I would get for an email that does exactly match a contact in dataverse. I would expect some sort of error to be thrown based on what I've seen from other threads online.

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@AnnaEllen 

Can you try to do an advanced find on the contacts entity and check if there is a UserName with the same email address?

Mira_Ghaly_0-1641243944087.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @AnnaEllen this is actually a security best practice for this type of functionality. If you type an invalid e-mail and display a message "e-mail not found" then you are giving away the information that that e-mail is or not available in your system.

Maybe if you want you can change the message to be displayed, something like "If this e-mail address matches our list of records, you will get a forgot your password link"

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,726)