cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMum
Advocate II
Advocate II

Forms - Missing Labels

Is anyone having this issue? I recreated the table/forms etc. but to no avail.

DMum_0-1617737888711.png

Above form in the design mode

DMum_0-1617738167306.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your confirmation @DMum , 

I have tested it on the portal.  My first try is by any chance did you press "hide label" in the form design. The screenshot below for reference

ragavanrajan_0-1617749570827.png

If everything is okay from your side. Then on the web page, you have pointed out please try method 2

Method 2: 

using chrome inspect tools > Could you inspect that label and see whether you can see that label property. Also check anything is hidden in CSS element. 

Method 3: Make sure your browser has no third-party extensions installed especially adblocker. Try in different browsers and let us know the result. 

Method 4: Clear the cache by going to the following URL 

Going to your portal service page: https://<your_portal>.powerappsportals.com/_services/about

Note: You should be the admin of the environment. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @DMum,

Once you have added the labels. You need to press the Save and Publish. Screenshot below for reference 

ragavanrajan_0-1617742038605.png

In Portal Studio: 

1. Open the app > press sync configuration and Browse website 

If you are having trouble. 

1. In the browser > press ctrl + F5 on your browser. 

I am sure you can see your labels. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @ragavanrajan 

First, thank you for your prompt reply.

I tried what you suggested and also tried putting the form on the page (part of the web form) .. the same outcome..  I also tried other tables and the same outcome. Sound like a setting I need to tweak but don't know which one!

DMum_0-1617743927789.png

Hi @DMum , 

May I know what form mode you are trying? Any screenshot would be helpful. Also the screenshots of the pages you are trying to add the form.  

hi @ragavanrajan 

Thank you for your reply.

I am tried all (insert, edit, display). Same behavior.

Best,

Thanks for your confirmation @DMum , 

I have tested it on the portal.  My first try is by any chance did you press "hide label" in the form design. The screenshot below for reference

ragavanrajan_0-1617749570827.png

If everything is okay from your side. Then on the web page, you have pointed out please try method 2

Method 2: 

using chrome inspect tools > Could you inspect that label and see whether you can see that label property. Also check anything is hidden in CSS element. 

Method 3: Make sure your browser has no third-party extensions installed especially adblocker. Try in different browsers and let us know the result. 

Method 4: Clear the cache by going to the following URL 

Going to your portal service page: https://<your_portal>.powerappsportals.com/_services/about

Note: You should be the admin of the environment. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

View solution in original post

DMum
Advocate II
Advocate II

hi @ragavanrajan 

Problem solved! I was messing around the bootstraps.mini CSS file and that caused this problem. I recreated the portal and we are back in the business. now I have to redo everything what I had done before 😞 

Want to thank you for your willingness to help! May your tribe thrive 🐘 🙏🏾

Best,

No worries @DMum . Glad you have figured out the problem. Also, an interesting thing is related to the CSS issue.  Have a good day !! 

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@DMumgenerally avoid editing the Bootstrap files, create your own CSS file(s) as Web Files and override the selectors and properties instead - over time sometimes we see some of the files replaced by Microsoft (e.g. sometimes when there is a portal update) and so you may find that your updates are magically missing one morning if you have edited the out-of-the-box files.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,025)