cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisOrtiz
Helper II
Helper II

Forum functionality

I am trying to create a form page but there is no out of the box forums option. I am using the Portal From Blank, does anyone know if there is an option that I am not seeing to create a forum page or the best approach to take to make this happen? Thanks to all the help.

5 REPLIES 5
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, forums aren't available when provisioning a Portal from blank: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/portal-templates#portal-templates-features

you will need to provision another Portal in case you need that functionality, alternatively you can do the following:

• provision the new portal as trial - this will import the necessary solutions/tables for the forums functionality
    • the trial itself should expire in 30 days
  • now navigate to the Pages/Forms/Web Templates related to the forum objects and change the Website reference, now all those objects will belong to your starter portal

it's a bit of work but might work

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues Thank you for the information, I created a community portal since that contains the Forums functionality. Are you referring to change the website reference within here?

chrisOrtiz_0-1621433368006.png

Or change the website reference from all of these locations? Content snippets also contain forum related reference should that be changed? Thank!

chrisOrtiz_1-1621434918486.png

OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Yes, so basically your Web Pages will point to:

• language - you need to make sure it's pointing to the language of the correct website
  • page template
    • if it's a generic page template - you need to make sure it's point to a template 
    • if it's a specific one - you need to change the website reference in the page template (and web template)
  • published reference - the same, point to the publish from the starter portal

etc etc.. a lot of work, but I think it should work

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues thank you, so anywhere I find Forums I need to change the website reference? I found this https://ulrikke.akerbak.com/2020/08/23/combine-portal-types-blog-on-a-customer-self-service-portal/ and its similar to what you mentioned, would you agree?

OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

yes, that's the same strategy from that article 

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,132)