cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisOrtiz
Helper II
Helper II

Forum functionality

I am trying to create a form page but there is no out of the box forums option. I am using the Portal From Blank, does anyone know if there is an option that I am not seeing to create a forum page or the best approach to take to make this happen? Thanks to all the help.

5 REPLIES 5
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, forums aren't available when provisioning a Portal from blank: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/portal-templates#portal-templates-features

you will need to provision another Portal in case you need that functionality, alternatively you can do the following:

• provision the new portal as trial - this will import the necessary solutions/tables for the forums functionality
    • the trial itself should expire in 30 days
  • now navigate to the Pages/Forms/Web Templates related to the forum objects and change the Website reference, now all those objects will belong to your starter portal

it's a bit of work but might work

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues Thank you for the information, I created a community portal since that contains the Forums functionality. Are you referring to change the website reference within here?

chrisOrtiz_0-1621433368006.png

Or change the website reference from all of these locations? Content snippets also contain forum related reference should that be changed? Thank!

chrisOrtiz_1-1621434918486.png

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Yes, so basically your Web Pages will point to:

• language - you need to make sure it's pointing to the language of the correct website
  • page template
    • if it's a generic page template - you need to make sure it's point to a template 
    • if it's a specific one - you need to change the website reference in the page template (and web template)
  • published reference - the same, point to the publish from the starter portal

etc etc.. a lot of work, but I think it should work

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues thank you, so anywhere I find Forums I need to change the website reference? I found this https://ulrikke.akerbak.com/2020/08/23/combine-portal-types-blog-on-a-customer-self-service-portal/ and its similar to what you mentioned, would you agree?

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

yes, that's the same strategy from that article 

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,311)