cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MimmiIngrid
Regular Visitor

GDPR and Terms and condition page is showing on every log in attemt

Hi. 

Implement General Data Protection Regulations in portals - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

I have been following this guide and I have two problems: 

1. Even though I have added a GMT time in the setting "Authentication/Registration/TermsPublicationDate" the terms and condition page is still showing everytime a user logs in even thoguh the user have accepted the terms

2. I cant find where the value from the checkbox "accept terms and conditions" is saved. I have tried to look though all existing fiels connected to the contact but none of them has a value after the condition box is checked - I can however see that the contact have acceptet the terms by looking in the "date for acceptence". Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @MimmiIngrid 

Ground Rule:  ( Date and Time should be set in GMT format) 

1.  You can get the format from the following website. Adding screenshot also for reference 

https://www.utctime.net/gmt-time-now - look for RFC1123 format 

ragavanrajan_0-1642648207010.png

Example: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 07:07:07 

2. Once the user accepts the terms and conditions, then you can find the "Portal Terms Agreement Date" in each contact. 

In portal management: 

1.   Under Security > Contact > Select the contact 

2.  Make sure you select the "Portal Contact" form 

3. Under personal information you can find the time they have accepted. 

ragavanrajan_1-1642648917986.png

In your case, it might be the GMT format is wrong. Try the above steps. It should work fine. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @MimmiIngrid 

Ground Rule:  ( Date and Time should be set in GMT format) 

1.  You can get the format from the following website. Adding screenshot also for reference 

https://www.utctime.net/gmt-time-now - look for RFC1123 format 

ragavanrajan_0-1642648207010.png

Example: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 07:07:07 

2. Once the user accepts the terms and conditions, then you can find the "Portal Terms Agreement Date" in each contact. 

In portal management: 

1.   Under Security > Contact > Select the contact 

2.  Make sure you select the "Portal Contact" form 

3. Under personal information you can find the time they have accepted. 

ragavanrajan_1-1642648917986.png

In your case, it might be the GMT format is wrong. Try the above steps. It should work fine. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

I have written in exactly that format and yes I can see the date but since it is a check box field i thought that there must be a yes/no field with information also and not only the date field 

Hi @MimmiIngrid 

The below instructions are the default way of capturing. To make it simple. 

1. If agreed = contact "Portal Terms Agreement date" field will be updated 

Advanced: 

1. If you want a checkbox to be captured. Then you can customize the portal contact form and add a field called "Agreed". 

2. Trigger a power automate flow to update the newly created field once "Portal Terms Agreement date" field is captured. 

Hope this is useful. 

------------

Thank you Ragavanrajan, I made a yes/no field to capture the data with a rule.

Thank you for the tip

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Users online (1,825)