cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chucksta
Helper II
Helper II

Getting a Dropdown field to auto populate text to another field

I am having the issue with the naming of the combobox of a sharepoint list item. 

What I am trying to do is make what ever selection a user selects in the RTO dropdown box, that it will autofill a text field box labeled "Critical".

What I am doing is a form that is running from Sharepoint list. 

I select Customize with Powerapps and enter this if statement in the Default field of the Critical text box,

Currently I have a support intake form that I am currently building for my company and we have a Sharepoint list that has a:

rto.jpg

I also have a "Critical"  field on the form that is currently a text field which I want to make this field autopopulate which ever dropdown item a user chooses from the Recovery Time Object (RTO) field and also color code based off the selection from the RTO field.

Screenshot 2

RTO Color Field needed to popluate to Critical field:

rtocolorcode.PNG

Example of what I an requesting:  if a user pick option "A" from RTO dropdown in the screenshot 1. above, it then places the selection RTO Rating in the Critical Field in red as High (Critical) as seen screen shot 2 above.

I wish it could make the whole field turn the color of the selection,  like highlighting the whole field in the selection in the corresponding collors but not sure if that could be done, so the critical field would look like this:

2019-09-11_12-19-07.png

10 REPLIES 10

@Edwin-Abdalian   I got it to work. Should have tried it before prematurely responding. Man thank you a lot for your help this completes my form! You sir will be blessed! So easy a process thanks to you and your knowledge. I cant wait to go to Ignite next month to learn more about this product. Powerapps and Flow has been a life saver for me. Thanks again sir. I will mark your suggested solutions sir.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,411)