Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinridge
Helper II
Helper II

HTML, Javascript and CSS Limitations?

Hi there.

Could you please tell me (as a newcomer) if there are any limitations with HTML, CSS  & Javascript within the Powerapps Portal framework?

I am trying to create Vertical tabs on a portals page. (as seen at https://www.w3schools.com/howto/tryit.asp?filename=tryhow_js_vertical_tabs )

The buttons show, but the content of the tabs don't.

I am copying the html code straight from the website into the source code editor on a blank page.

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi

A short answer would be no, there is no really restriction on what you can do with CSS / HTML / JS

a few things you should be aware:

• Power Apps Portals uses Bootstrap v3
  • jQuery framework is already loaded by default - you could import you preferred one if you want, but most example you find will be using regular jQuery / JS
  • If you are making changes to CSS, prefer to add a new CSS file with your changes instead of making changes to the OOB one
  • You can google inurl:powerappsportals.com or inurl:microsoftcrmportals.com and browse existing websites using the Portals so you can have an idea of what people are achieving using Portals

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,439)