cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmanjoney
Level: Powered On

Help with local account email confirmation

I've created a sample custom portal, and now I'm trying to create a local account. When I "register" the user, I provide the required info (name, password, email, etc.) and it seems to work. I am now able to use that username/password to sign into the portal.

However, if I view this account's profile, there is a warning displayed that I must "Confirm Email" with a button to do so. If I attempt confirmation, I receive an error, and no confirmation email is sent. 

I'm guessing I've missed some obvious setup step to get this to work - can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Annotation 2019-10-23 092555.jpg

Annotation 2019-10-23 092704.jpg

Thank you,

Bob

6 REPLIES 6
Yogesh_Gupta

Re: Help with local account email confirmation

Hi Bob,

Do you have email service setup on your org? For testing purposes, you can check in email activities if the mail has been generated or not. Once you have email setup on, it will work appropriately.

Highlighted
rmanjoney

@Yogesh_Gupta 

Where would I go to "setup email service" for this "org"? (I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "org" in this context).

I am currently using a sandbox environment in which I've been successfully creating canvas apps, and now I am dipping my toes into creating a Portal. The default sample that was supposedly created successfully never prompted any type of email setup (my assumption that it was configured out of the box), and I can't see any obvious place where this should be done.

Thanks for your help,
Bob

Yogesh_Gupta

Hi Bob,

Portals is based on CDS which also support dynamics instances. You can find a community post here:
https://community.dynamics.com/365/b/dynamics365enterprisecloudfronts/posts/how-to-setup-pop3-smtp-e...

I haven't tried it personally but it should work. Screenshots may be old, but the process must remain more or less the same.

Regards,
Yogesh
rmanjoney

Thanks, yes email server and setup/activation/approval of mail had all been done previously, and tested. I've now tried this on several different environments (Both CDS only and Dynamics 365 Envs.) and 2 different tenants, and the results are the same. Could it be a bug? If someone else could confirm I would appreciate it.

- Create a new Portal from Blank in the default CDS environment

- Browse the new portal

- Register a new local user (Sign-in->Register)

- Login as new user

- Access profile page - click "Confirm Email". -->Error

Bob

Yogesh_Gupta

Let me confirm that for you next week. I am on vacation right now, will investigate asap on Monday when in office.

Regards,
Yogesh Gupta
Gatwick

I have the same problem. Mail is configured everywhere but no confirmation is sent. I thought it was to do with the environment in test but it is now in production. 

Where should the sending email be set? I have come across the user 'System' via the webportal settings but cannot find it on the entitys.

I also found some evidence of rejected confirmation emails from early days, they maybe connected but couldn't find any for today so maybe a red herring.

Various screenshots. Why is it this difficult!  Help would be very gratefully received. Cheers, Richard

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,917)