cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SalmaNaqvi

Hide Navigation Item before sign in that is not a Page

I am working on Portal and trying to hide the navigation items before login so that unauthenticated users are not able to view the menu. I have used Page Permissions and enabled them only on authenticated users only. But I have a menu item that is not a page itself and has 2 pages under it. No luck hiding that from the menu. Can anyone please give an idea of how to hide that before login After login menu - Key DocumentsAfter login menu - Key DocumentsBefore login - everything hidden except for Key DocumentsBefore login - everything hidden except for Key Documents

3 REPLIES 3
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @SalmaNaqvi 

Have a look at the below thread. probably you will get a good idea of how to achieve this. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Web-Role-with-multiple-Web-Page-Access-Contro... 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

SalmaNaqvi

Hi @ragavanrajan.

Thanks for your reply. The navigation item (Key Documents) I am trying to hide does not have a web page assigned to it. This menu holds 2 pages under it which are hidden using access control. 

How can I achieve hiding this menu item that doesn't have a web page assigned to it?

Capture3.PNGCapture1.PNG

Hi @SalmaNaqvi 

I have tested the same scenario. Even if there is no web page assigned. You can create a web page access control rule for the "Key documents" in Portal management. 

Give it a try.

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,991)