cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SalmaNaqvi

Hide Navigation Item before sign in that is not a Page

I am working on Portal and trying to hide the navigation items before login so that unauthenticated users are not able to view the menu. I have used Page Permissions and enabled them only on authenticated users only. But I have a menu item that is not a page itself and has 2 pages under it. No luck hiding that from the menu. Can anyone please give an idea of how to hide that before login After login menu - Key DocumentsAfter login menu - Key DocumentsBefore login - everything hidden except for Key DocumentsBefore login - everything hidden except for Key Documents

3 REPLIES 3
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @SalmaNaqvi 

Have a look at the below thread. probably you will get a good idea of how to achieve this. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Web-Role-with-multiple-Web-Page-Access-Contro... 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

SalmaNaqvi

Hi @ragavanrajan.

Thanks for your reply. The navigation item (Key Documents) I am trying to hide does not have a web page assigned to it. This menu holds 2 pages under it which are hidden using access control. 

How can I achieve hiding this menu item that doesn't have a web page assigned to it?

Capture3.PNGCapture1.PNG

Hi @SalmaNaqvi 

I have tested the same scenario. Even if there is no web page assigned. You can create a web page access control rule for the "Key documents" in Portal management. 

Give it a try.

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,860)