cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin1988
Helper III
Helper III

How change where contacts stored by default in Power Portals?

Hello all,

I've in dataverse a solution with a contacts table (custom import) but now I want the power portal to use that column as the main contacts. So I can sent them an invite trough the portal. When some logs-in they will be added to that table. An at the end I want to filter entity's.

So how can change where default contacts are added? Contacts that are loggin in to the portal? They are stored now outside my solution. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chleverenz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Robin1988 ,

i'm afraid you can't do that. To my (may be limited) knowledge everything in portals is around contacts. You have the permission system, the local password stored there, the external identites are tied to the contact and in portal pages itself you get the user-objects, which is in fact the logged in contact.

I think, you have to customize the contact entity when you have extra infotmation. May be, you could use a lookup on your entity to the contact and allow the editing of that data in a contact scope. (as it will be a 1-1 relation you could also put the lookup on the contact).

So, i think not possible due to the lots of places where the contact is wired to.

Hope this helps, even if it doesn't help,

Christian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
chleverenz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Robin1988 ,

i'm afraid you can't do that. To my (may be limited) knowledge everything in portals is around contacts. You have the permission system, the local password stored there, the external identites are tied to the contact and in portal pages itself you get the user-objects, which is in fact the logged in contact.

I think, you have to customize the contact entity when you have extra infotmation. May be, you could use a lookup on your entity to the contact and allow the editing of that data in a contact scope. (as it will be a 1-1 relation you could also put the lookup on the contact).

So, i think not possible due to the lots of places where the contact is wired to.

Hope this helps, even if it doesn't help,

Christian

Robin1988
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @chleverenz thx for your reply. I'm afraid you right, but I will let it open for a moment. Maybe there is a workaround indeed. I need to filter data on logd-in users email. But the tickets (data) are import from custom import so the owner is not the current user. Anyway! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,628)