cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to Azure AD for PowerApps Portals

Dear Community!

We are going to implement the Partner (news, some links to the external documents) and Customer support portal (cases) for the client on PowerApp Portal platform.

Regarding integration with other O365 apps: We are planning to integrate documents for Partners via Sharepoint at some point later in the implementation phases.

But I have some additional questions:

• How is the existing contact in the CRM paired/matched with Azure AD B2C? Is the email key for that? What would happen in case if there is no match or multiple contacts in the system?
  • Are web roles automatically assigned?
  • Is it possible to modify the registration page in a way that it copies values such as VAT, company name, country, etc. to the CRM contact? We would like to have different fields in case of Partner than a Customer support portal.
  • Is it possible to have B2B and B2C available together? We would implement Partner and Customer portal on the same platform and split these two by multibrand portal structure. Or can we use B2C also for partners?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: How to Azure AD for PowerApps Portals

Hello,

I hope you are keeping well.  You can map the sign-in to an existing contact.

This is outlined in the link above, but I will provide something more specific here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/azure-ad-b2c#allow-auto-associati...

You need to add a portal setting to allow contact mapping.  This will work as I have described above and map to the primary email address emailaddress1.

Thanks,

Mark Biggerstaff

Dynamics Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

• How is the existing contact in the CRM paired/matched with Azure AD B2C? Is the email key for that? What would happen in case if there is no match or multiple contacts in the system?

The primary email address is how any authentication is matched to an existing contact.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/set-authentication-identity#confi...

If there is no contact, a new contact would be created when the registration setting is turned on. Authentication/Registration/OpenRegistrationEnabled set to true would be required.

If that setting is false and no contact exists, the authentication would fail.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/configure-portal-authentication

• Are web roles automatically assigned?

Web roles are not automatically assigned. You need to create a workflow to perform that action if you want to automate the process.

• Is it possible to modify the registration page in a way that it copies values such as VAT, company name, country, etc. to the CRM contact? We would like to have different fields in case of Partner than a Customer support portal.

Each portal will have individual settings and configurations. You can map fields to the contact using claims mapping.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/azure-ad-b2c#claims-mapping

• Is it possible to have B2B and B2C available together? We would implement Partner and Customer portal on the same platform and split these two by multibrand portal structure. Or can we use B2C also for partners?

Yes, you can have more than one external authentication configured.

Both portals can be connected to the same environment. Each would have its own URL and landing page (Home page). You could put a link on one of the Home pages for the other portal.

I hope the information provided answered your questions.  Portal external authentication is complex and I would recommend opening a support case if you need assistance.

Thanks,

Mark Biggerstaff

Dynamics Support

Highlighted

Hi Mark,

currently, on Dynamics 365 Portal is designed in a way that the contact is always created even though the contact that already exists with the same email. We had to implement our own "registration" page for our clients. I guess that this has been improved with PowerApps Portal right? Or did we do something wrong with settings during implementations?

Thank you for all info and help!

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

I hope you are keeping well.  You can map the sign-in to an existing contact.

This is outlined in the link above, but I will provide something more specific here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/azure-ad-b2c#allow-auto-associati...

You need to add a portal setting to allow contact mapping.  This will work as I have described above and map to the primary email address emailaddress1.

Thanks,

Mark Biggerstaff

Dynamics Support

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (10,815)