cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomMaiisUm

How to Creating dropdown or radio option for a Collun table in a Form?

Helllo,

i'm newbie in Portal and I tried to create form page like a "Microsoft Forms".

I would like to know if it's possible to create a table column like this 2 questions 

TomMaiisUm_0-1637756364730.png

or with a dropbox that i can select the options?

As soon as possible send me some links/tutorials to help me understand a little bit more about Portal and how I can i make this Form.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chleverenz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @TomMaiisUm ,

you can create selectboxes in the dataverse and they will be rendered as standrd afterwards in the portal. 

In EntityBasicFormMetadadata you can create an entry, that the select should be rendered as a horizontal or vertical radiobuttonlist. Detail here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/configure-basic-form-metadata 

All pretty much standard and out-of-the box 🙂

Hope this helps,

Christian

PS one thing about selectboxes: The translations of the boxes have to be done via customization. If the questions vary a lot you might consider an entitytable for the questions and answers and render the values of the resulting lookups as listboxes (in the metadata possible)

So, before creting tons of listboxes think about the problem, whether the questions and answers will change over time (wich i would take for granted 🙂 ) - so listboxes might be the wrong choice 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
chleverenz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @TomMaiisUm ,

you can create selectboxes in the dataverse and they will be rendered as standrd afterwards in the portal. 

In EntityBasicFormMetadadata you can create an entry, that the select should be rendered as a horizontal or vertical radiobuttonlist. Detail here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/configure-basic-form-metadata 

All pretty much standard and out-of-the box 🙂

Hope this helps,

Christian

PS one thing about selectboxes: The translations of the boxes have to be done via customization. If the questions vary a lot you might consider an entitytable for the questions and answers and render the values of the resulting lookups as listboxes (in the metadata possible)

So, before creting tons of listboxes think about the problem, whether the questions and answers will change over time (wich i would take for granted 🙂 ) - so listboxes might be the wrong choice 🙂

View solution in original post

TomMaiisUm

Ty Man, 
I don't know anything about Portal so I don't really know the best solution to create these forms, I'm trying to follow more or less as you said, but when I put it I create something with Multiple selections it gives an error when I visualize it.

TomMaiisUm_0-1637779533057.png

chleverenz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @TomMaiisUm ,

i do not have much knowlegde about code components (yet 🙂 ), but the errormessage suggests, that you should put at least read permissions on the webresource table.

So create a tablepermission like this: 

chleverenz_0-1637825258036.png

and assign it to the appropiate roles (may be for test purposes to the authenticated and anonymous user roles on your portal.

In production should should follow the least rights rule and only give permissions to that groups, who really need it.

Hope this brings you a step forward,

Christian

PS ah, and another point: as far as i know, portals do NOT support multi selct drop downs as by now. So, if you need multiple selections in a drop down listbox, you have to create clumsy solutions for that (i did it with a plugin and a textfield filled with json on the frontend...)

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,520)