cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MO4
Helper I
Helper I

How to Pass Values between steps form to the metadata form in next form

I need to pass values from  1st form to the metadata form in next  step form  but not very sure how best to do this

cap1.PNG

cap2.PNG

Thanks 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MO4,

I would probably say that LocalStorage would be the easiest solution. As soon as the user selects a product I save it in the local storage and add js to the entity form to check if storage contains product and if so to set the field. Make sure that you properly clear the local storage afterwards and that product that you sent in the field is available in the view (because if not you will receive an error).

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @MO4 , 

Please have a look at the following blog. It has very clear information on how to achieve this. 

https://www.briteglobal.com/blogs/community/pass-parameters-between-entity-forms/  

You can also check the following official docs about on success settings: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/entity-forms#on-success-settings 

Hope it helps 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

MO4
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @ragavanrajan 

we are talking here about steps form there is no On success settings and i don't use here Odata 

thank you 

Hi @MO4,

Can you described in more details what exactly you are trying to pass between steps and how entities in different steps are related?  If you cannot use values from previous step as main entity for the current one I would suggest two things: you can use LocalStorage to save values using js and populate new step when it opens or if you already save the values in the system and didn't create a new record you can use liquid to get and set data.

If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Hi @OOlashyn 

As you can see in this photo I have two different forms with a relation of filed x I want when I chose filed x in form 1 and I click next ( i got a list of entry and a button add ), when I click add will give me insert form with filed x with the same value of step 1 to get the filed under filtred 

25.png

Thank you 🙂 

Hi @MO4,

I would probably say that LocalStorage would be the easiest solution. As soon as the user selects a product I save it in the local storage and add js to the entity form to check if storage contains product and if so to set the field. Make sure that you properly clear the local storage afterwards and that product that you sent in the field is available in the view (because if not you will receive an error).

MO4
Helper I
Helper I

@OOlashyn  my hero thanks 😉 

Helpful resources

Announcements
May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,573)