cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phineas
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to Update Portals List Data

I have a Portals list that I uploaded from a SharePoint  list. The originally imported data wasn't formatted correctly and appeared with a decimal when the Portals list was created.

Phineas_0-1642701142174.png            

The SharePoint source data has since been updated. How do I get the data in the Portal list above to reflect the new format, shown below?

Phineas_1-1642701189528.png

5 REPLIES 5
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Phineas 

It is the same way as before using data flows 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Connect-to-Existing-Data-in-Power-Portals/m-p... 

You can try scheduled data flow which will run periodically or one more dataflow update will update your data source. 

Additional: 

1. You can also use power automate to Dataverse flow to update when something changes in your SharePoint list. This method also will be useful. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Tried to do it here, using the Refresh data button; nothing happened.

Phineas_0-1642711867801.png

Hey, @Phineas  have you completed the data flow? if yes. then

in the data section > can you filter by custom columns on the top right? then you can see the updated data 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Still have not been able to update/refresh the data.

I've changed the data in the source, removing the decimal requirement. The number look and formatting have changed in the SharePoint list and display as desired.

I believe I've done all you recommended previously the data in the CRM has not updated to match that of the SharePoint.

Hi @Phineas 

Could you please share your data tab screenshot with custom view filtered? 

Parallelly,  using XRM toolbox "Bulk Delete Tool" 

1. Connect to your environment first 

2. Choose the table in your case the table you are referring 

3. Press "Validate query" and delete the records 

4. Then use the dataflow to update your records. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,883)