cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Use PCF Component in Portal Application

Hi,

I'm new to PowerApps Portal application. Currently I'm trying to use PCF Component (Custom Control) in main form but it is not working. Same component working well in Model-Driven App.

How can I make it work in portal application.

Please advise me...

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately right now Custom Controls aren't available for Portal. MS announced that they will add a support for this feature somewhere in December (see here), but no actual date was announced. If you really need to use PCF component that you built (or have access to source code of) you can check this workaround.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update... yeah I'm currently following that workaround but still I'm getting an error message...

Kanagaraj_0-1605792666746.png

You need to remove custom control from fields of your form first. This workaround adds it purely via code.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
AutDawg

It is now "possible" but is still in preview.  I put possible in quotes because it is still fairly limited.  You can find the documentation here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,437)