cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to View and Edit Web Form Submission From Entity List View

Hi all,

I need to be able to view and edit a web form submission from an entity list view. When I submit a completed web form, I see the data from the submission in my list view and the option to view details; however, I don't see the option to edit and when I click "view details" it redirects to a blank web form. I'm new to Portals and am not sure what I might be doing wrong. I've included images below of my web form steps and entity list.

I created an entity (Profile_Test) and a Form (Form_Test) with three tabs. I inserted the Form_Test

Web Form 0.1.JPG

The second and third tabs are pulled from the same form with the record source listed as the results from the previous step.

Web Form 0.3.JPGI created a view titled Test Profile Submission from the same entity name

List 0.1.JPG

I selected target type as webpage and listed the redirected webpage to the page the web form is inserted (Test Page 3) and the Record ID Query String parameter name (ID).

List 0.2.JPGList 0.3.JPG

The data appears in the list view but there is no option to edit and view details directs the page to a new web form.

List 1.0.JPG

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: How to View and Edit Web Form Submission From Entity List View

Hi

for you to continue a Web Form, you need to pass the webformsessionid in paremeter as well, not only the record ID

I can't seem to find any online post on that, an advice would be storing the current session in a lookup on your main record (via plugin/workflow), and then add JS to inject the webformsessionid in the URL

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seljm ,

Have you enabled Entity Permission option for your "Test Profile Submissions" Entity List?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. I think there is something wrong with your operation.

Firstly, if you want the "Edit" option to be shown up in your Entity List, please make sure you have configured the "Edit" Item action under "Grid Configuration" part of your Entity List as below:

9.JPG

And please also make sure you have enabled "Enable Entity Permission" option for your Entity List as below:

10.JPG

Then go to your Portal Designer, then click "Sync Configuration"-> "Browse website" to make the changes you made in your Portal Management take effect:

11.JPG

After that, the "Edit" option would be shown up under your Entity List as below:

12.JPG

Note: In order to show "Edit" option and "Delete" option in your Entity List, you must configured corresponding Item action under the  "Grid Configuration" part mentioned above, and enable "Enable Entity Permission" option for your Entity List.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @seljm

Did you clear the cache? 

For edit, you can also click on 'state'. 

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi

for you to continue a Web Form, you need to pass the webformsessionid in paremeter as well, not only the record ID

I can't seem to find any online post on that, an advice would be storing the current session in a lookup on your main record (via plugin/workflow), and then add JS to inject the webformsessionid in the URL

------------

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seljm ,

Have you enabled Entity Permission option for your "Test Profile Submissions" Entity List?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. I think there is something wrong with your operation.

Firstly, if you want the "Edit" option to be shown up in your Entity List, please make sure you have configured the "Edit" Item action under "Grid Configuration" part of your Entity List as below:

9.JPG

And please also make sure you have enabled "Enable Entity Permission" option for your Entity List as below:

10.JPG

Then go to your Portal Designer, then click "Sync Configuration"-> "Browse website" to make the changes you made in your Portal Management take effect:

11.JPG

After that, the "Edit" option would be shown up under your Entity List as below:

12.JPG

Note: In order to show "Edit" option and "Delete" option in your Entity List, you must configured corresponding Item action under the  "Grid Configuration" part mentioned above, and enable "Enable Entity Permission" option for your Entity List.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @hardikv 

Thanks for your response.

I tried clearing the cache and I clicked 'state' as well for both records. Unfortunately, no luck.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @OliverRodrigues 

Thanks! That worked. After passing the webformsessionid I also had to disable multiple records per user but seems to be working now.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xida-msft 

Enabling the entity permission worked and I can see both view details and edit. Thanks for the help!

Also, the previous response from @OliverRodrigues with passing the webformsessionid enabled the 'edit' option and populated the web form with the previously entered data.

I appreciate the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (6,543)