Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WaleedBinAfzal
Helper I
Helper I

How to add new fields on registration form of Microsoft power apps portal

Hi,

I would like to know how can we customize the local registration page of power apps portal? I want to add two a new field which is option set on the registration form. Once the user register itself, the profile page should appear based on the value of that option set from registration form. 

Need help, how can we do this?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, a few points here:

• The registration page is a protected page and we can't add fields that will be used as part of the registration
  • We can however, add JS and inject custom fields, but those wouldn't be saved against your Contact record, unless you do some custom logic to concatenate the value of your field to the existing fields, and then add a Plugin to read the values and split into the correct fields - doesn't seem like a great thing to do
  • I am assuming you are using local authentication, this is actually deprecated and Microsoft is recommending us to use Azure AD B2C as Identity Provider, and I think this would be my recommendation as well
  • Finally you can add custom attributes to the registration in Azure AD B2C and this would reflect in your Profile form once the user is logged in

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,754)