cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lohhancong
Frequent Visitor

How to auto fill lookup CDS table

Need some help 

For My Form have 2 entities.. Position name and MRF Number .

the Position name entities lookup record from CDS table.

my question is when i choice the Position name from the cable how to auto fill in MRF number from  the same table?

lohhancong_0-1617249240191.pnglohhancong_1-1617249259776.png

lohhancong_2-1617249299609.png

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, a few things here:

• Do you need the two separate fields in your form? If you already have the Position, you can always retrieve the MRF Number as they are associated, so is there a need to have the two fields? This sounds a bit redundant, unless the user can also change manually that field
  • If you decide to remove the MRF field but still needs to display, you can use a Quick View Form to display the MRF information: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/customize/create-edit-qu...
  • If you still want to keep the field in your form, then:
    • If you don't mind what's on the page, but wants the field to be Populated in your database, I would recommend server-side processes: Field Mapping / Workflows / Flows / etc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/map-entity-fields
    • If you need that to reflect on the page, I think your only way out would be adding JS logic, adding logic to the OnChange event for the Position field and then retrieving the MFR value via Fetch/oData

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

As suggested in one olivers items, based on what you are asking you most likely want to add a quickview form (defined against your positions table) onto the other Entity Form that you are using on the Portal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (3,180)