cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

How to change Alignment of the fields on Entity forms (Create/Edit Forms)

Hello Experts,

I have one Crete Entity form displayed on the web page, as shown belowcreate form_blur.jpg

the Text input fields are not aligned in the straight line if you can see in the screen shot,

I believe that, It is happening because of the bigger field names in my entity. but I need to bring those in straight line to maintain consistency.

I have used 2-Column section in the layout while creating this form as shown below

praneshJ_0-1600947792824.png

Please suggest any resolution to bring the text input fields in the straight line.

any Quick help is really appreciable.

Regards,

Pranesh 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

If you find you need custom CSS, this is typically what I use on projects. I usually have a custom CSS file added as a child Web File to the Home Page; just make sure it's named something.css and partial URL is something.css - e.g. custom.css - and it's Display Order is after theme.css and boostrap.min.css.

Display Order should have the following: bootstrap.min.css -> theme.css -> any custom CSS.css

td.clearfix.cell {
    vertical-align: bottom;
}
div.validators {
    display: none;
}

Before:

justinburch_1-1600971925034.png

After:

justinburch_0-1600971899210.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello @praneshJ.

I think you are right, and this additional space is caused by label being too big.

I would think that the solution is to make the field name shorter. Usability is clearly important to you, and short labels make better user experience.

Update the label name in the form or configure Entity Form Metadata on the attribute to give it a shorter label.

If the long name is a hard requirement maybe try breaking the structure and letting the input field run two columns wide. You do this simplest from the Form editor in the Classic Experience in CDS/Dynamics:

1. Open the form in classic interface

2. Locate and double click on the field

3. Choose "Formatting" and "To columns"

Screenshot_1.jpg

If that is not an option the last thing you can try is cutting the label with custom CSS on the entity form - but then you would be better of giving the label a shorter name.

If you need any more information about any of these option please let me know. 

Hope it helps. Good luck.  

Microsoft
Microsoft

If you find you need custom CSS, this is typically what I use on projects. I usually have a custom CSS file added as a child Web File to the Home Page; just make sure it's named something.css and partial URL is something.css - e.g. custom.css - and it's Display Order is after theme.css and boostrap.min.css.

Display Order should have the following: bootstrap.min.css -> theme.css -> any custom CSS.css

td.clearfix.cell {
    vertical-align: bottom;
}
div.validators {
    display: none;
}

Before:

justinburch_1-1600971925034.png

After:

justinburch_0-1600971899210.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (34,123)