cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

How to create a data entry screen?

Hi

I am completely new to portals and cannot seem to find much in the way of tutorials.

I have created my entity and want to now enter data into it.

How do I create a data entry screen?

Also does the data get saved to the entity?

Is it possible to save it to a SharePoint list or is this not recommended.

If so then how can I do this?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Power Apps
Power Apps

@sienna28 - Please see my comments below

I am completely new to portals and cannot seem to find much in the way of tutorials

>> You can start by looking at the basic documentation for portals here.

I have created my entity and want to now enter data into it.

How do I create a data entry screen?

>> Data entry in portals is done using the concept of Entity Forms. See documentation here on how to add a form to a web page

Also does the data get saved to the entity?

>> Yes the data gets saved to an entity in Common Data Service (CDS).  Having a basic understanding of CDS entities, forms and views will be helpful in ramping up your knowledge in portals

Is it possible to save it to a SharePoint list or is this not recommended.

>> From a portal saving data directly to a SharePoint list may not be straightforward and you'd have to do custom and advanced integration for that. However if data is all you want to read and write from a page then CDS entity forms and entity lists should suffice.

If so then how can I do this?

FYI, Dynamics portal can be integrated with sharepoint to manage documents. please check that https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/portals/manage-sharepoint-documents

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,184)