cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConaxL
Regular Visitor

How to display non-editable web links?

Hello,

I created a new Web Link Set with links to six pages. I am trying to display the links to all those pages so that users can navigate between these pages quickly.

Then I created a Content Snippet to read from the Web Link Set. I took the code from the Header web template and removed most of the bits that I don't need.

ConaxL_2-1623283851572.png

Then I reference the snippet from my web template.

ConaxL_3-1623284014520.png

But there are two problems.

1. When an admin user browse the page, he is able to edit the section.

ConaxL_0-1623283392698.png

2. If the admin clicks EDIT, the edit panel displays the liquid code in the content snippet.

ConaxL_1-1623283611143.png

I actually don't want admins to modify the links section on the page at all. So if porblem 1 is solved, problem 2 will go away too.

What is the correct way for me to put the links onto the pages and make it non editable on the page?

Thank you for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

I personally don't like that front-end editor.. would removing it completely solve your problem?

if yes, you can open your Portal Management app, navigate to Web Page Access Control Rules and deactivate the "Grant Control to Admin" record.. clear the cache and you won't see that again

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Thank you Oliver for the suggestion. It's good to know I can do that as I'm fairly new to PAP.

There is another section on the page which I do need to allow content editors to manage their contents. If I configure the setting you mentioned, does that mean when they need to update the content, they will need to use Portal Studio instead of the front-end editor?

OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

So I think Web Page Access Control Rule is exactly what you are looking for

by disabling the "Grant Control to Admin" you would remove the front-editor completely, and then you can create a new one.. and specify the Web Page where you want that editor to be available and associate the Web Role

if you want to test it out.. simply update the existing Access Rule to instead of the Home Page, the web page that you want it enabled 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Thank you @OliverRodrigues again for your reply. After testing out the Web Page Access Control Rule, I believe it is not suitable for my case here, as users would still like to use front page editor to modify the 'copy' section on the page. So I had placed the code of the links section directly into the web template instead of using the Content Snippet. The links will only be used by this web template anyway so it doesn't really add any value to have it in the Content Snippet.

But thank you again. I appreciate the knowledge I gained from your reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,580)